From Paul Glezen <pgle...@atdial.net>
Subject Re: reloading configuration at runtime
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2001 16:32:59 GMT
MCCARTHY Richard wrote:

> On a kind of similar kind of track has anyone tried creating a MBean
> appender or an appender to interface with JDMK / JMX Agents ? I am going to
> try and develop one soon and I am interested if anyone has experience of
> this.

Hi Richard,

There is indeed interest in having certain log4j elements implement JMX
interfaces.  While very interesting, I think the benefits will more long
term than short term due to the scarcity of proven JMX agents.

- Paul
--
Beware of bugs in the above code.  I have
only proved it correct, not tried it.