From "Rob Walker" <r...@softsell.com>
Subject Re: Time stamping of log messages
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:06:14 GMT
Ceki,

> What Paul described is certainly true for the newest code in our
CVS rep. As far as I know, 1.1b1 or any previous version the
PatternLayout does time stamping when formatting the event, not
when the event was created. This was a silly bug that has been
corrected in the code in our CVS rep. In other words, in 1.1b2 and
later versions, PatternLayout will use the time stamp that was
minted when the LoggingEvent was created or approximately at the
same time as the logging statement was invoked. Hope this further
clarifies the matter, Ceki

Many thanks - was beginning to think I was seeing things!

Not that familiar with CVS or the Dev. source trees. Can I just grab
a copy, and are there any "stability" issues i.e. whay stage is
version 1.1b2 in the develop/test cycle?

Regards

-- rob --

SoftSell Business Systems, Ltd.
' testing solutions for a changing world '

+44 (20) 7488 3470
www.softsell.com
robw@softsell.com