From "Johnson, Clay" <clay.john...@vignette.com>
Subject RE: EJB problem
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2001 21:25:08 GMT
What category names are associated with A and SB?

Appender additivity (inheritance) follows the category hierarchy, not the
runtime callstack.  Typically, people use the locality convention, naming
categories for the fully qualified name of the class.  In that event, if SB
was a decendent of A, such as com.dwl.A and com.dwl.A.SB, then SB would
inherit appenders attached at A (com.dwl.A).

If you don't use locality naming convention, nonetheless, category names
must be descendent in the hierarchy namespace in order to inherit.