From Nick Chalko <N...@planetU.com>
Subject RE: Log4J, Struts and WebLogic6.0
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2001 20:29:55 GMT
It works if you add log4j to the CLASSPATH of the weblogic startup script.
I know there must be a better way.  but it does work.  I use it for my
Struts, Weblogic 6.0 project.

-----Original Message-----
From: A K N [mailto:akhanni@hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 4:31 PM
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Log4J, Struts and WebLogic6.0

Here is what I want to accomplish. I am using struts framework with weblogic
6.0 and want to integrate log4J logging mechanism. When I tried to used
log4j in one of my class files, it came back with error on weblogic console
saying

<Mar 29, 2001 5:44:32 PM CST> <Error> <HTTP>
<[WebAppServletContext(2888663,etest)] action: Error creating Action
instance for path '/Registration', class name 'com.abc.RegistrationAction'
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Category
        at com.abc.RegistrationAction.<clinit>(RegistrationAction.java:57)

Now this seems like, I need to register log4J with Action Servlet somehow.
How can you accomplish that, or if this is not the case how do you set up
ActionServlet to find log4j. Any replies will be appreciated

Thanks Much
Rob