From "SCOTT FARQUHAR" <SCOTT.FARQU...@sydneywater.com.au>
Subject Re: PaternLayout: allign to the left don't work as expected
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2001 22:37:48 GMT
"truncated from the beginning"
ie
"beginning is truncated"

so if you start truncating from the beginning, you will end up with only the last characters
left, which IMHO is usually the most useful part.

>>> Lohmann@hhla.de 04/04/01 03:16am >>>
Hello all,

the following format string '%-20.30c' don't work as I understand that it should. If the string
is longer than 30 characters the last 30 chars are selected but I expect the first 30.
Am I wrong? The javadoc says '... then truncated from the beginning.' this let some space
to misunderstand what is intended.

Kind regards
Frank-Olaf Lohmann