From "Wes" <wesyah...@yahoo.com>
Subject problem with VectorWriter class (in ThrowableInformation.java)
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2001 21:20:54 GMT
I have my own subclass of Exception, where I have overridden the printStackTrace methods.
I just today noticed that part of what I'm printing to the stack trace is not showing up when
I do Category.log("message", exception)

I traced the problem to the fact that the VectorWriter class does not fully override all the
methods of PrintWriter.  I was using print(), and the VectorWriter only overrode the println()
methods.  Thus, what I was sending to the PrintWriter.print method was not added into the
internal Vector of the VectorWriter.