From Tony <deja_tony_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Problem with log4j not finding config file in WEB-INF/classes
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2001 07:14:33 GMT
Actually,  the logging to the file is happening now, but also logging to the
tomcat log

/var/log/tomcat

I guess this is going there from standard out.  What is strange is that I only
have one output defined in my

WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties

file, this out put is to the file which it is correctly writting to.  So my
question is, why is there output going to the

/var/log/tomcat

log?

Another small question, how is the directory in which files defined by

log4j.appender.A1.File=test.log

Determined?  At the moment this file is getting written into

/tmp

I want to write is somewhere else,  how can I do this?

Cheers

Tony