From Kenji Konaka <kkon...@softalia.com>
Subject RE: log4j and J2EE problem
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 19:47:13 GMT
hi!

 > , is that Weblogic uses two classloaders per application.  One for EJBs
 > and one for the webapp with the webapp's class loader being a child of
 > the EJB's class loader.
 >
 > So, how are people initialing log4j so that there is a single singleton
 > per application in Weblogic?

if EJBclassloader was the parent of the WEBAPPclassloader,
then putting log4j simply in EJBclassloader's loadpath, may
simply results in both EJBside & WEBapp side using the same
singleton (per application), as _usually_ each classloaders
consult its parent before trying its own classpath...

but then at least if its within webapp's side, I think it's
just free to reset one's context classloader, so maybe the
webapp can temporarily reset its classloader to that of the
ejbapp while it is constructing log4j related stuff, and
then rever to its original when done.

then I'm not really sure if it was allowed to reset one's
contextclassloader within the code for EJB beans. (wrong?)

kenji - fairfax,VA.