From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: log4j and J2EE problem
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 11:11:05 GMT
At 08:30 09.08.2001 +0200, sandro.ruch@namics.com wrote:

>hi,
>
>>>My understanding from the Weblogic documentation,
>http://e-docs.bea.com/wls/docs61///programming/packaging.html#1051556, is
>that Weblogic uses two classloaders per application.  One for >>EJBs and
>one for the webapp with the webapp's class loader being a child of the
>EJB's class loader.
>
>>>So, how are people initialing log4j so that there is a single singleton
>per application in Weblogic?
>
>>>James
>
>as far as i understand log4j (that's perhaps wrong..??!!) is implemented as
>a singleton (1 instance per vm).

I do not adhere to your description. Log4j initializes one default hierarchy at class load
time. However, you can have multiple hierarchies although then it is up to the user to mange
it. It is also possible for log4j to be loaded multiple times in an app server in which case
there will be multiple default hierarchies.

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch