From Ceki Gülcü <...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: System.err gone?
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2001 12:46:51 GMT

Johannes,

Nothing in the log4j core closes System.err. However, without looking at your properties file
it is hard to say what is going on. For example, Jboss (http://jboss.org) maintains its own
appender which redirects system.err and system.out to a default category and then to an appender.
Your environment might play similar tricks on you.

In any case, your bug report is not meaningful without the contents of your properties file.
Regards, Ceki

At 11:22 10.08.2001 -0700, Johannes Ernst wrote:
>Ceki,
>
>I'm not sure I can beyond the code fragment below. Maybe some questions:
> - is there any chance that log4j calls "System.err.close()" somewhere under some circumstances?
That would reproduce my behavior...
> - or a "redirect" in some form, such as "System.err=someOtherStream" -- I realize that
System.err. is final, so maybe not

Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch