From "Atte A" <ata...@hotmail.com>
Subject Multiple appenders for same category
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2001 14:55:13 GMT
Hi all!

I wonder if it is possible to have more than one appender for the same
category? Below I show the contents of my property configuration file. I
would also like to log to the console. The same messages that I send to the
socketServer, I want to see in the console. Is it possible to have the
console appender regarding the category, I mean to allways log to the
console?
Please help.

log4j.debug=true

log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, SOCKETSERV

log4j.category.org.apache.log4j.net=DEBUG
log4j.appender.SOCKETSERV=org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender
log4j.appender.SOCKETSERV.RemoteHost=localhost
log4j.appender.SOCKETSERV.Port=9991