From "Chien Wei Tan" <Chienwei....@calytrix.com>
Subject RE: runtime modification to log
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2001 03:17:31 GMT

hi guys,

thanks, i have created a test scenario where my system starts up and is
running. Using PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch() method, i can modify
the config file, and see the corresponding change in log messages, and my
system is still running. ie. i dont have to stop and restart... cool !!!

Thanks ceki, and all the others for your kind inputs !

cheers,
chien wei

-----Original Message-----
From: Ceki Gülcü [mailto:cgu@qos.ch]
Sent: Friday, 10 August 2001 8:30 PM
To: LOG4J Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: runtime modification to log

Sigh. I repeat:

Please see ProppertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch at

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/PropertyConfigurat
or.html#configureAndWatch(java.lang.String)

and  DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch methods at

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/xml/DOMConfigurato
r.html#configureAndWatch(java.lang.String,%20long)

Hope this makes it clearer. Ceki

Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch