From tmu...@moneynet.com
Subject RE: Why isn't message serializable in LoggingEvent?
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 20:26:27 GMT

please ignore this message..I was editing a copy in a different
directory..:-)

It now loads my props file, but I still don't get MDC
Timothy G. Mullé
Senior Software Architect
Reuters Valley Forge Solutions Center
1000 Madison Avenue
Norristown, PA 19403-2432

Phone: (610) 650-8600 x8340
Fax:      (610) 650-8170

                    tmulle@moneyn

                                         cc:

                    08/08/2001           Subject:     RE: Why isn't message serializable in
LoggingEvent?
                    04:15 PM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "LOG4J Users

                    Mailing List"

ok, I'm stumped..where does the SimpleSocketServer class read it's config
file?

It seems to be using a default set of configs even though I'm specifying
the file on the command line..and If I give a bad file name, then I see the
exception thrown saying no such file, and then it continues to run

I think this is why I'm not seeing my MDC data

Timothy G. Mullé
Senior Software Architect
Reuters Valley Forge Solutions Center
1000 Madison Avenue
Norristown, PA 19403-2432

Phone: (610) 650-8600 x8340
Fax:      (610) 650-8170

                    Ceki Gülcü
                    <cgu@qos.ch>         To:     "LOG4J Users Mailing List"
<log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                                         cc:
                    08/08/2001           Subject:     RE: Why isn't message
serializable in LoggingEvent?
                    03:58 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "LOG4J Users
                    Mailing List"

At 14:56 08.08.2001 -0400, tmulle@moneynet.com wrote:

>What I think would be nice is if LoggingEvent stored a Map object that we
>could then pass into it from the logging methods. I've asked about this
>before and then Ceki told me about the MDC. I have seen the latest
>LoggingEvent source and it does store MDC as a hashtable in the
>LoggingEvent. But I don't think this will satisfy my requirements at this
>time.

Why not? It is equivalent to your requirement below, or? Ceki

Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch