From Craig_Reichenb...@lotus.com
Subject Re: Problem with log4j not finding config file in WEB-INF/classes
Date Thu, 02 Aug 2001 21:00:31 GMT

Right.  I had this problem last night.  I was putting log4j.jar in the
classpath of my startCatalina batch script  and expecting the properties
file in my web-inf/classes directories to be found.  It wasn't.  You need
log4j.jar in the web-inf/lib directory.

                    "William

                    <wjaynes@media       cc:     (bcc: Craig Reichenbach/CAM/Lotus)

                    one.net>             Subject:     Re: Problem with log4j not finding
config file in WEB-INF/classes

                    08/02/2001

                    06:50 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "LOG4J

                    Users Mailing

                    List"

If for each web application the log4j.jar file is in WEB-INF/lib and the
log4j.properties file is in WEB-INF/classes, then as each web app is
started the
log4j default initializer will work properly for each app. (assuming log4j
1.1.3)

There should not be any log4j.properties file in the application server's
classpath because if there is, that is the properties file that will be
used for
all the web apps instead of the one in WEB-INF/classes.