From "Jerome Jacobsen" <jerome.jacob...@gentootech.com>
Subject NTEventLogAppender - remove ugly description message?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2001 13:43:15 GMT
I just tried out the NTEventLogAppender.  When I view the event in the Event
Viewer the Description says the following.

'The description for Event ID ( 4096 ) in Source ( Log4jTester ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: Exiting application.'

I was expecting just 'Exiting application.'

Does anyone know how to get rid of that extra stuff that's getting added to
my message?

Regards,

Jerome