From "Gao Jun" <j...@patternware.com>
Subject Problem in using SMTP appender
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 08:56:56 GMT
Hi,
    I met another problem about SMTP appender. I write a simple application
to test SMTP appender. I works outside Visual Age for Java. But if I import
it to Visual Age, it will not send email out. Below is the information it outputs:
log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[DEBUG, A1].
log4j: Priority token is [DEBUG].
log4j: Category root set to DEBUG
log4j: Parsing appender named "A1".
log4j: Parsing layout options for "A1".
log4j: End of parsing for "A1".
log4j: Setting property [from] to [jgao@patternware.com].
log4j: Setting property [locationInfo] to [true].
log4j: Setting property [subject] to [Debug information ].
log4j: Setting property [SMTPHost] to [smtp.imail.com].
log4j: Setting property [to] to [jgao@patternware.com].
log4j: Parsed "A1" options.
log4j: Finished configuring.
log4j: Detected IBM VisualAge environment.
log4j: Finalizing appender named [A1].

I noticed the last two lines will not show if I run outside of Visual Age.
Could anybody tell me what's the problem? Thanks

Gao Jun

Gao, Jun
patternWare Systems, Inc.
jgao@patternware.com