From Ron Gabor <r...@p-cube.com>
Subject JDK 1.1.8 compatibility of Log4j 1.1.3 RollingFilesAppender
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:51:47 GMT

Hi,

It seems that the RollingFilesAppender is incompatible with JDK1.1.8. This
is because its BeanInfo class uses a method that doesn't exist in JDK1.1.8
(getBeanInfo(Class, int)).
Is anyone aware of this?
Is it going to be fixed?
Is this mailing list the correct place to discuss/report such matters (I'm
new to log4j)?

The simple solution (more of a work around) I currently have is to remove
the RollingFilesAppenderBeanInfo implementation (its content, leaving an
empty class), and then the standard MBean introspection would be used. This
will prevent the use of setting file size from property files using 100KB
(or any other string) but would leave the option of setting using numeric
value (1000000 for ~100K) valid.

RG