From Ron Gabor <r...@p-cube.com>
Subject generic formatting Throwable info strings (the stack trace part)
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:57:45 GMT

Hi,

I'm new to Log4J. I started using Log4J 1.1.3, and found it to be of great
use. I do have one need that I wish I could fulfill.

I have a strong need to be able to render ThrowableInfo strings in a
different manner then the simple exception trace.
I wish to be able to produce a sort of a renderer for the ThrowableInfo,
which would be used to convert a Throwable object intro String[]. The
default stack trace should be used when a user rendered is not available.

Has anyone done such a modification?
Is such a modification scheduled to go into Log4j?
Is this the correct place to discuss such matters?

I have currently rewritten the TrowableInfo object in order to supply my
generic formatting, but it doesn't scale. I would rather use a renderer
setting to render such info.

RG