From "Jack, Adam" <Adam.J...@New-Era-of-Networks.com>
Subject RE: NDC mix-up
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 17:54:45 GMT
Nothing like posting to a mailing list to *immediately* show you something
you'd been staring at, but missed for weeks. :-)

I just noticed that I get this whenever [Thread-0] shows up also. Is thread
zero (whatever that signifies) something special in Log4J NDC?

I suspect that my app server come JSP engine is using a thread at start-up
(which just so happens to initialise the Log4J sub-system for my components)
and the start-up thread gets released into a thread pool. Later my JSP pages
use the pool -- and occasionally stumble into thread zero -- hence
intermittently putting out all NDCs not just the one.

I doubt I have *any* control over thread use/re-use, and I don't know if I
can initialise log4j differently (to avoid this zero thread, or if the zero
thread is just the one log4j was initialised within).

Ideas appreciated...

regards,

Adam