From "Aron Kramlik" <aron.kram...@itouch.com.au>
Subject Re: multiple components using log4j causes problems
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2002 09:34:32 GMT
Ceki,

Thanks for the response, I will mention this to them and wait for a
response.
What strategies would you recommend for internal development of libraries
and components that we could use to ease the pain associated with this?

Aron.

aron.kramlik@itouch.com.au
iTouch Australia

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ceki Gülcü" <ceki@qos.ch>
To: "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 6:25 AM
Subject: Re: multiple components using log4j causes problems

This is a very serious problem. The new log4j API allows the main
program to install a RepositorySelector which can control the
hierarchy to be used depending on the context, for example depending
on the enterprise application. However, this requires support from the
application server because only the application server (e.g. JBoss)
controls the context.

In short log4j has the required pluggable interface, the application
server writers need to jump on the wagon. I suggest that you mention
the problem to the JBoss people also mentioning the new RepositorySelector
API in log4j.

--
Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch