From yugen <yu...@alum.mit.edu>
Subject GUI tool for viewing log files?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:13:20 GMT
Hi, I'm looking for a tool to view an existing log4j log
file (as opposed to displaying the log data in real-time).
Specifically, I'd like to review a security audit log and
be able to filter for specific kinds of log entries (failed
login, privilege changes, etc.).

I guess I could write a small app to read in my log file
line-by-line, and then send each entry to a listening
socket appender where it could be displayed by a tool like
Lumbermill ( http://traxel.com/lumbermill ).

I saw a similar post in the archives ( http://www.mail-
archive.com/log4j-user%40jakarta.apache.org/msg03427.html )
but didn't see a response.

Any help is appreciated.