From Hu <xwhu_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Basic question about log4j
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 20:30:05 GMT
Hi, I am new to log4j. I have some basic questions
about log4j.
1. In what kind of situation the constructor of
appenders that takes parameter will be called? if I
have my own appender that added more params, should I
creat the corresponding constructor?

2. I use xml configuration file and use -D option to
specify the file, should it auto reload when the
confiration file changed? I can't get it work.

3. The message in LoggingEvent is private access, for
my situation, I need to put the timestamp in the
message and in the appender I need to access the
message to get the timestamp to create the file. And
remove the timestamp when the actual logging happens.
So is there any way to modify the message itself?

Thanks