From Scott Farquhar <sc...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: Getting a good user experience on Windows?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 07:26:11 GMT
If you are dealing with users, and across platforms, you may want to use
java webstart (http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/).

It allows for GUI starting of programs (but won't help with any of your
problems).

Also - javaw starts programs in the background, whilst java starts in
the foreground.

Good luck with your project.

Scott

--