From Scott Farquhar <sc...@atlassian.com>
Subject Re: Log4j overhead...
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:09:47 GMT
Paolo,

In general, Logging with log4j in a web environment is negligable.  For
specific numbers, look here:

http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/api/org/apache/log4j/performance/Logging.html
http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual/manual.html#performance

Also look at the jakarta taglibs that use log4j for their logging - they
may be useful when using jsp.  If you are looking to track session
information, look at using NDC or MDC.

In short - there would be no performance penalty using log4j in your
application.

Cheers,
Scott

--