From Kevin Steppe <kste...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: DailyRollingFileAppender - computeCheckPeriod
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:37:22 GMT
The result depends on how variable 'sdf' formats the dates involved.  Basically
it converts the requested date format into a timing interval for determining
when to do roll overs.  I agree however, that it is remarkably unclear and
roundabout in doing this, but if you specify a different format it will return
a different result.  The key is really in
!sdf.format(epoch).equals(sdf.format(next)).

Kevin