From Balaraman Sujatha <sujat...@cisco.com>
Subject Log4j Jar file and location of log4j configuration properties file
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2002 01:05:46 GMT
Hi,
I want to know, if it might be possible to download a jar file with the
current log4j classes from any site. I am using the 1.1.3 release. Also, I
want to add this jar file to my project, but I want the configuration file,
(i.e.,) the log4j.properties file to be outside this jar. Is there a way to
define where log4j reads the log4j.properties file from ?

Basically, I want a jar file and a way specify where I can put my
configuration file, so that any user of my system, can easily manipulate
it, without having to probe into the jar file.

Thanks in advance.

Sujatha.