From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: FileAppender support for file.encoding property
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:20:51 GMT

Hi,

Ooops. I am afraid you are somewhat late.  Encoding support is already in log4j 1.2alpha5.

Did you already code? If you did, it would be interesting to see if your code differs from
what already exists.

To answer your question. All of 1, 2, 3 and 4 are OK. My order of preference is:

1, 2, 3, 4. (coincidence?)

Attachments are safer. Some email agents wrap lines at their own will which seriously messes
up diff files.

I strongly prefer diff files to be in the unified format (diff -u option) which allows to
"read" the diff file without actually applying it.

In this case, log4j-dev would seem better suited.

Hope this answers your questions. Ceki

Ceki Gülcü - http://qos.ch