From "Christopher Randall" <crand...@tivre.com>
Subject Question about setup
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 00:53:17 GMT
I would appreciate if somebody could indulge me with this architectural
question I have about Log4J:

I need to setup a logging scheme with the following characteristics:

1. Each package in our Java framework should have a corresponding
logging category (i.e. com.foo.bar)
2. Each logger category will have a different FileAppender to log to a
separate file, with a filename that corresponds to its package name
(i.e. com_foo_bar.txt)

Any suggestions on what the easiest way to set this up might be? I would
like to do as little programmatic setup as possible, putting as much of
the setup into a config file.

Thanks for your time in response,
Chris