From Anshul Chhabra <achha...@tollbridgetech.com>
Subject RE: DailyRollingFileAppender - computeCheckPeriod
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 22:28:51 GMT
Thanks Kevin. It now makes a whole lot of sense.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Steppe [mailto:ksteppe@pacbell.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 1:37 PM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: DailyRollingFileAppender - computeCheckPeriod

The result depends on how variable 'sdf' formats the dates involved.
Basically
it converts the requested date format into a timing interval for determining
when to do roll overs.  I agree however, that it is remarkably unclear and
roundabout in doing this, but if you specify a different format it will
return
a different result.  The key is really in
!sdf.format(epoch).equals(sdf.format(next)).

Kevin