From "Adrian Brock" <warj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: multiple components using log4j causes problems
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:40:37 GMT
Hi log4j-user,

I was pointed by Aron Kramlik to this mailing list.

I'm looking at implementing the RepositorySelector into JBoss.
I only found out about this class and 1.2 about 1 hour ago, so apologies
if my questions sound naive.
I've looked at the javadocs, I don't think this is in the manual yet:-)
I like the comment in the javadocs about JBoss/Tomcat, are
you making sure we are paying attention?

As far as I understand this, we implement RepositorySelector and
add this to the LogManager. Our RepositorySelector can then
use one repository inside the container and an application
configured one when we invoke its methods.
Is this correct?

We do something like:

jbossSelector.setContext(application.getRepository());
invokeApplicationMethod();
jbossSelector.setContext(jbossRepository);

Then we need to supply a means to configure application.getRepository()
which will probably be jbossRepository when not configured.
Do we need to provide a configuration mechanism or is there
another way?

Final question. I scanned the December/January mail archive but
didn't spot this.

1.2 when?

Regards,
Adrian