From Lyndsey.J.Hairs...@jpmorgan.com
Subject Re: SMTPAppender Threshold Bug
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:36:33 GMT

Hi
The default constructor for SMTPAppender will instantiate the appender with
a TriggeringEventEvaluator that will trigger an email to be sent on events
with priority ERROR or higher. I believe that if an event has a priority
lower than ERROR, that event will be buffered and not sent until an event
with priority ERROR or higher causes the buffer to be flushed and an email
sent.
Therefore, if you want to send an email on events with priority less than
ERROR, use the alternative constructor which takes a
TriggeringEventEvaluator as a parameter.
Check out the source code for more details.
Hope that helps
Lyndsey

"Boudreau, Mike" <MBoudreau@TRCSOLUTIONS.com> on 16/01/2002 16:31:30

Please respond to "Log4J Users List" <log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org>