From "James House" <jho...@reckoning.part.net>
Subject Re: Is there a way to measure execution time using Log4J
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2002 16:29:08 GMT
I wrote a custom Appender for doing this about a year ago.  I haven't kept
it up to date with the latest versions of log4j so it no longer works.  I'll
be needing to use it again some time soon anyway, so I'll try to get after
it today and I'll post it when I'm done.

It allows you to start multiple timers with different names, and do logging
etc.  It even let's you nest the timer's and create logs that show the total
times of the timers at the same 'nesting level' (siblings), and the times of
the 'parent' timers minus the total of it's children etc. etc.  rather cool
really.

Does anybody else already have something like this?

James