From "Dharanendra S. Pandit" <Dharanend...@netscape.net>
Subject Doubt
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 07:13:23 GMT
Hi *.*,

I'm quite new to log4j.  I'm facing with a problem.  I hope someone
within the forum might have a solution for this.  The problem is:

When an runtime exception is raised I need to log it into a file, which
I have already configured.  The logging should be something equivalent
to e.printStackTrace( ), where e is of type java.lang.Exception.  If  I
pass object e, to org.apache.log4j.Category.fatal( e ), it looks like it
is logging e.toString( ), which I do not want.

Is there a way where I could log something equivalent to what
e.printStackTrace( ) does, into my log file?   Any better ideas of how
to log Runtime Exceptions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Pandit.