From Christian Fernandes <Christian.Fernan...@picofun.com>
Subject Changing log files every day?
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:08:14 GMT
Hi!

I've got one question, well actually I've got a lot of questions about
log4j, but I'll just include one of them in this mail =)

Does the log4j API support changing log files during run-time and add a date
string to the filename?

ex)
All logs during the 12th of March will we written to: "somelog-20020312.log"
and when the date changes to 13th of March the logs should be written to
"somelog-20020313.log". This is to be used on a application server, so it is
quite important that this can be handled during runtime.

...anyone know any good sites for example code and documentation for log4j?
I find the included documentation pretty basic.

thx.

/Christian