logging-log4j-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: RollingFileAppender and DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:33:02 GMT

Hi Kevin,

Done. Have you seen the plan for log4j 1.3? It's available at

   http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/docs/plan.html

Will you be interested in taking the "strategy based rollovers"  task?

At 22:28 27.03.2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I wrote a CompositeRollingAppender last August to do that.  I'm attaching that
>code and some example config files to you separately.
>
>Ceki... Could you please put these files in the log4j/contribs/KevinSteppe
>folder of the available releases?  This seems to be coming up occasionally and
>it would be more convenient to just point people there.
>
>Thanks,
>Kevin
>
>
>Janusz Dalecki wrote:
>
> > Is there a way of having the mixture of both RollingFileAppender and
> > DailyRollingFileAppender options?. I have a requirement to log daily and
> > delete old files weekly.
> > Thanks,
> > Janusz
> >
> > --
> > To unsubscribe, 
> e-mail:   <mailto:log4j-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
> > For additional commands, e-mail: 
> <mailto:log4j-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>
>#Config file for CompositeRollingAppender
>#This is an example config to use CompositeRollingAppender in Size based 
>Backups only
>
>log4j.rootCategory=debug, R
>log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.CompositeRollingAppender
>
>#How to perform rolling -- 1 = By Size
>#Note -- this is the only difference from RollingFileAppender!
>log4j.appender.R.RollingStyle=1
>
>#file to log to
>log4j.appender.R.File=example.log
>
>#Size Rolling params
>log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=10MB
>log4j.appender.R.MaxSizeRollBackups=10
>
>#layout options
>log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
>#Config file for CompositeRollingAppender
>#This is an example config to use CompositeRollingAppender in Time based 
>Backups only
>
>log4j.rootCategory=debug, R
>log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.CompositeRollingAppender
>
>#How to perform rolling -- 2 = By Time
>#Note -- this is the only difference from DailyRollingFileAppender!
>log4j.appender.R.RollingStyle=2
>
>#file to log to
>log4j.appender.R.File=example.log
>
>#Date Rolling params
>log4j.appender.R.datePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
>
>#layout options
>log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
>#Default Config file for CompositeRollingAppender
>log4j.rootCategory=debug, R
>
>log4j.appender.R=org.apache.log4j.CompositeRollingAppender
>
>#How to perform rolling -- Composite is the default
>log4j.appender.R.RollingStyle=3
>
>#Use same file name for all inprocess logging?
>log4j.appender.R.staticLogFileName=true
>log4j.appender.R.File=example.log
>
>#Size Rolling params
>log4j.appender.R.CountDirection=-1
>log4j.appender.R.MaxFileSize=5KB
>log4j.appender.R.MaxSizeRollBackups=10
>
>#Date Rolling params
>log4j.appender.R.datePattern='.'yyyy-MM-dd
>
>#layout options
>log4j.appender.R.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
>log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern=%p %t %c - %m%n
>
>--
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:log4j-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
>For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:log4j-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>

--
Ceki

My link of the month: http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/standardization/


--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:log4j-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:log4j-user-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message