From Mschil...@aol.com
Subject "Best practices" for definining log4j categories?
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 20:21:34 GMT
Hi there,

we in the log4perl team (log4perl.sourceforge.net, a Perl port of log4j) are
wondering if there's any "best practices" for defining log4j categories.
Sure, from what I've read so far, categories are usually resembling the class
hierarchy of the software the logging code is used by.

But are there any other recommendations or experiences shared by people
having used log4j in huge projects?

Would be great if you could provide pointers or share your own experience.

-- Mike

Mike Schilli
m@perlmeister.com
http://log4perl.sourceforge.net