From "Hitzbleck, Andreas (ext. Mitarbeiter)" <Andreas.Hitzbl...@KVB.de>
Subject Multiple Log4J instances in one VM
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 07:18:09 GMT
Hello list,

I am developing a java program which is integrated in a big content
management system. Thus, our code runs with some other java programs
developed by other companies in one virtual mashine.

Unfortunately, the Log4J initialization of one program of another
company overwrites our Log4J configuration or - if we start up
our program later - vice versa. I think that is because of the
statically implementation(s) of the configure() methods in
Property- Basic- and DOMConfigurator?

Is there a way to solve this problem or to work around it? Would
it help to implement my own classloader and load the Log4J classes
through this loader?

Thanks in advance for help

Andreas Hitzbleck