From "Herve AGNOUX" <herve.agn...@diaam-informatique.com>
Subject trace for inner classes
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:27:17 GMT
Hello,

In all my categories I use Logger.getLogger(getClass()). So with the inner
classes I obtain a category-name like "MainClass$SubClass".

When I design an appender on a class, I expect that all the inner class have
the same ; if I do :

log4j.category.MainClass=INFO, A4

I expect that MainClass$SubClass has the appender A4. But it's not, if I well
understand, it's because MainClass$SubClass is not a subcategory of
MainClass, the Good Name should be MainClass.SubClass.

Is there an easy way to obtain what I excpect ?

And in bonus, is it possible to have some alias for the usual patterns ? For
instance VERY_SHORT="%m\n", VERY_INTERSTING="%r [%t] %-5p
%c"... and so on ?

Thanks in advance.