From Mark Womack <mwom...@bevocal.com>
Subject RE: How can I kill chainsaw debug output?
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 23:47:52 GMT
Ack.  Looking at the Chainsaw code, there is this method in the Main class:

    /** initialise log4j **/
    private static void initLog4J() {
        final Properties props = new Properties();
        props.setProperty("log4j.rootCategory", "DEBUG, A1");
        props.setProperty("log4j.appender.A1",
                          "org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender");
        props.setProperty("log4j.appender.A1.layout",
                          "org.apache.log4j.TTCCLayout");
        PropertyConfigurator.configure(props);
    }

So, it won't really matter what your configuration file is set to.  I think
this code should be made optional or something, but for version 1.2 you're
kind of stuck unless you want to modify the code and put it in a jar before
the log4j jar in your classpath.

I am going to write up a bug regarding this "feature".

-Mark