From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: "Best practices" for definining log4j categories?
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 12:57:21 GMT
Howdy,
I never want to define our own design / use as a "best practice", as
that's for others to determine.

That said, we've used log4j in many projects, from very small to very
large (tens of thousands of classes, multi-GB JVMs, hundreds of
concurrent users).  We've always stuck with the very basic
Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(MyClass.class.getName())

Approach as outlined in the manual.  We've always been very happy with
it.  It's easy to configure logging the way we want.  It's also easy to
turn logging up and down for the relevant parts of each app at runtime.
It's simple and it works, which is good enough for us ;)

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics