From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: circular buffering
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2002 12:19:39 GMT
Hi,
Not much help here with your original question, but did want to point
something out:

>flush them when that's needed.  (I'm assuming here that they are
created
>from configuration, not explicitly in code.)  The best I can figure out

This is probably not a valid assumption.  I've seen a bunch of apps
where people create loggers, appenders, etc. programmatically at various
times in the application's lifecycle.  Something to watch out for if
your design only runs from the configuration file...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics