From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject RE: DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:14:23 GMT
At 08:51 24.10.2002 +0100, you wrote:
>I've looked at the plan for 1.3 and see that there is a section of work
>labelled
>'Strategy based rollovers' based on the Avalon Logkit.  Have you any idea
>when 1.3
>may see the light of day?  The Avalon Logkit doesn't seem to mention number
>of
>rollovers/compression etc.

Probably not before 1Q or 2Q 2003.

>Can you give me any feel for the scope of what work is to be included :
>e.g. number of rotations to be kept, file compression etc.  Can I aid the
>process by submitting thoughts/ideas/strategies?

Practical help is most appreciated. In the next few days, I will be
committing the first strategy based roller over implementation. If you
would like to help, then subscribe to log4j-dev. This will keep you updated
with all log4j related CVS commits. You can get the latest code from our
CVS repository. See http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html and
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/cvsindex.html for more details.

You can chip in as the code gets developed.

--
Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793