From "Pounder, Anthony" <Anthony.Poun...@uk.experian.com>
Subject DailyRollingFileAppender
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 15:14:17 GMT
HI all
I'm using the DailyRollingFileAppender to great effect and my logs are being
rolled automagically
every day :-).  I'm now at the point where I have a large number of rolled
logs.  Is there
anyway to set a limit on the number of logs that are kept (with the oldest
being
automatically deleted?).  I've looked through the javadoc and can see no way
of doing this.  I know that
RollingFileAppender has a MaxBackupIndex property but DailyRollingFile
Appender extends FileAppender
and not RollingFileAppender.

Am I missing something or is it not (yet) possible?

Secondly, is there anyway of producing compressed versions of the rolled log
files?

Cheers

Anthony Pounder
Experian