From "Shaw, Chris" <Chris.S...@ecb.int>
Subject get filename
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:46:00 GMT
Hi,

Is it possible to get the name of the file being logged to?

I'm using JBoss so I don't configure Log4J within my application - the
property in question is in log4j.xml property file and log4j is already
configured by the time my code comes to use it.
(AFAIK, it is not possible within JBoss to start your own instance of log4j
since JBoss is already using one.... see
http://www.jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=63&thread=16993&message=3725722
)

I was looking in the docs and API for some way if doing something like...
  Properties props = category.getProperties();
and then
  props.getPropery("filename");
(or equivalent).

..but all I found was PropertyGetter and I couldn't for the life of me work
out if this was the answer.

Thanks

Chris
-=-=-=

Any e-mail message from the European Central Bank (ECB) is sent in good faith but shall neither
be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by the ECB except where provided for
in a written agreement.
This e-mail is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Any unauthorised
disclosure, use or dissemination, either in whole or in part, is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately via e-mail
and delete this e-mail from your system.