From "Follender, Ivan" <Ivan.Follen...@hbo.com>
Subject log4j MDC in Weblogic 6.1 server
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 19:42:53 GMT
Hi-

I have multiple applications (EARs) running in a Weblogic 6.1 server.

I want the log message for each application to be 'stamped' with the name of
the application.

I am using a log4j ConsoleAppender to log all messages for all applications
to the Console.

I tried using the the Message Diagnostic Context (MDC), but the threads for
a particular application in Weblogic do not necessarily appear to be from a
single thread lineage.  So when I put something in the MDC in one
application thread, it is not necessarily there in a later thread.

Any recommendations on how to stamp each message with the application name?

Thanks,
ivan.

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the addressees.  Any copying, forwarding, printing
or other use of this e-mail by persons other than the addressees is not authorized.  This
e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure.
 If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by return e-mail (including
the original message in your reply) and then delete and discard all copies of the e-mail.
 Thank you.