From "Clive Beavis" <cbea...@naniqsystems.com>
Subject RE: log4j.dtd not found ?
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 16:38:17 GMT
Thank you

That helped. Its fixed now

Regards

Clive Beavis

650 464 2604

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Koes, Derrick [mailto:Derrick.Koes@smith-nephew.com]
Sent:	Thursday, November 21, 2002 5:54 AM
To:	'Log4J Users List'
Subject:	RE: log4j.dtd not found ?

Is the SYSTEM path to log4j.dtd in your XML configuration file correct?

You might try:

jar:file:/path/to/jar/log4j-1.2.6.jar!/org/apache/log4j/xml/log4j.dtd

-----Original Message-----
From: Clive Beavis [mailto:cbeavis@naniqsystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 5:06 PM
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: log4j.dtd not found ?

I have a weblogic 7 application making extensive use of Log4j (1.2.6). I am
attempting to convert the configuration properties file over to XML

I have done this and it works, including finding the log4j.dtd.  however
during initialization I still get the message

"log4j:ERROR Could not find [log4j.dtd]. Used
[sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@2c3c08] class loader in the search."

I know some part of the initialization is finding it because my
configuration is set up and runs correctly.

Does anyone know where it is expecting to find this second copy of
log4j.dtd, and if/why two separate location are necessary.

I have tried all the usual/obvious places I think.

Thanks

Clive Beavis

650 464 2604

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential to Smith & Nephew and
intended solely for the addressee.  It may contain information which is
covered by legal, professional or other privilege.  If you are not the
intended addressee, or someone authorized by the intended addressee to
receive transmissions on behalf of the addressee, you must not retain,
disclose in any form, copy or take any action in reliance on this
transmission.  If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender as soon as possible and destroy this message.