From Bomb Diggy <techguy_chic...@yahoo.com>
Subject Extra newline in Websphere output vs. standalone program??
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 23:08:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the following log4j.properties with my WSAD
(Websphere) 4.0.3 IDE.  It works fine for standalone
Java applications, but when I make log4j calls from a
server-based class, say a servlet, I get an extra
newline - presumably b/c it's now being logged into
the Websphere Test Server log?  If I take the '%n' off
the 'layout' line (below) I lose all newlines in my
regular standalone java app output.

Any ideas?

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, Console
log4j.appender.Console=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.Console.layout.ConversionPattern=%-5p

Thanks.