From Ceki Gülcü <c...@qos.ch>
Subject Re[3]: Problem with Log4j and Weblogic hot deploy
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:44:41 GMT

At 13:52 27.11.2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Jake --
>
>Thanks for the clarification.
>
>Short answer:  yes.
>
>Detailed answer:  In addition to log4j.jar getting wrapped up and
>deployed, there's a log4j.jar file sitting in /weblogic700/common/lib,
>and the script I run to start the server includes this file in its
>classpath.
>
>I'm sure the problem is not caused by that file being version 1.2.7
>whilst I deploy 1.2.3, or some permutation thereof; I made sure
>everything is the same version.

The version of the log4j.jar files is not important. According to the Java
Language Spec., classes loaded by different class loaders, even if
identical bit-wise, are considered incompatible by the JVM. That is why
JBoss adopted the UnifiedClassloader strategy in version 3.0. Anyway, make
sure that you have one, i.e. 1, log4j-x.jar lying around.

>So, if I understand you correctly, you (and Ceki) are saying that maybe
>WL is pulling in that file at start-up, but is somehow losing it when I
>re-deploy the app?

Not really, see above.

>Interesting.
>
>I'll poke around based on that theory, and let you know how it goes.
>
>                                 Thanks,
>                                 -- Pete

Ceki

others. -- Jon Postel, RFC 793