From "Cooke, Aedemar" <aedemar.co...@rbc.com>
Subject RE: Problems copying log4j jar file to AS400
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 14:05:42 GMT
Martin,

I didn't contact IBM tech support as the problem is only occuring with the
log4j jar file.  All other jar files I have tried to copy across work fine.
I take it, you think I should contact them?

Has no-one out there had this problem previously with the log4j file and the
as/400?

Aedemar

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgainty@hotmail.com]
Sent: 04 November 2002 1:26
To: log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org
Cc: aedemar.cooke@rbc.com
Subject: Re: Problems copying log4j jar file to AS400

Ademar

Did you contact IBM Tech Support?
If so did they help you?

Martin Gainty

	Disclaimer and confidentiality note

	Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the
official business of Laconia Data Systems (LDS) is proprietary to the
company. It is confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. LDS
does not own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of
the sender unless clearly stated as being that of LDS.

	The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient.
Please notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally reached you
and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way.

	LDS can not assure that the integrity of this communication has been
maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.

             _____________GMT-5___________________

>From: "Cooke, Aedemar"
>To: "'log4j-user@jakarta.apache.org'"
>Subject: Problems copying log4j jar file to AS400
>Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 05:01:12 -0500
>
>Hi,
>
>I would like some advice on how to get log4j working on the AS400. I have
>tried the following
>
>1) I copied log4j-1.2.6.jar from Windows 2000 server to
>/QIBM/UserData/WebASAdv4/default/lib/app using Client Access tool. This
>resulted in the following error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>org/apache/log4j/Logger when I tried to run my application. I tried to
>examine the log file on the AS400 using winzip and got the following error:

>missing 160 bytes in zip file. When I examined the copy on the Windows 2000

>server, it opened fine.
>
>2) I copied the org/apache/log4j/Logger.class to the
>/QIBM/UserData/WebASAdv4/default/lib/app directory on the AS400 using
Client
>Access tool. All worked fine. Log files were produced.
>

>I have copied other jar files from Windows 2000 to the AS400 using Client
>access and I can open them with WinZip. It is only with the log4j file that

>I am experiencing any difficulties.
>
>I am trying to deploy my application on Websphere Application Server (WAS)
>on the AS/400 version 5 release 1. I have the application running under
>Websphere Studio Application Developer's (WSAD) test server on my Windows
>2000 server. There is no problem using log4j.
>
>All help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Aedemar

>This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender does not
waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying
of this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended
recipient is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please
advise me (by return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

>Ce courriel est confidentiel et protégé. L'expéditeur ne renonce pas aux
droits et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou
copie de ce message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne
autre que le (les) destinataire(s) désigné(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez m'en aviser immédiatement, par retour de
courriel ou par un autre moyen.

  _____

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN! Click Here
<http://g.msn.com/8HMDEN/2019>