From "Shapira, Yoav" <Yoav.Shap...@mpi.com>
Subject RE: log4j messages to String conversion?
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:18:59 GMT
Hi,
Perhaps you could configure log4j to use different / additional
appenders to help your task.  The console is annoying.

A file appender would write to a file, and you could then stream the
contents of the file over RMI in whatever chunks fits your system.

A socket appender could write directly to the network port you want.  A
JMS appender would send stuff to a JMS queue, and the process on the
other side could read it...

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics